Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Answered Prayer

I want to update you on my mom. She came home, to her own home, Friday. Nicole came in from Birmingham and stayed with her until Sunday at 2 when I took over. She is doing very well, so happy to be home and reconciling herself to the fact that she will have some permanent limitations. Her faithful cat has not left her side. Perhaps he is, as Chris suggested, wracked with guilt. God has certainly answered our prayers, not only in allowing her to return to her home, but in providing all of the care that we have needed—and as always, above and beyond what we asked for. The woman that we have hired to stay with her is a wonderful Christian woman who lives near Holly Springs but is willing to drive here twice a day, 8:30 to 12:30, and 5-9. We think that Mom will be able to stay by herself the rest of the time. We have known Diane’s family for a few years and know that her willingness to work for and with us is an answer to prayer.
Most importantly God has answered my prayers and given me patience, energy, and willingness to do what needs to be done. Once again He has been faithful to equip me for the job He has laid before me. This is no mean feat because as I told you earlier I am not by nature suited to caring for the elderly. This doesn’t mean that I am ready for sainthood. I’m sure that there will be days ahead when I am burdened, short-tempered and complaining but I can truthfully say that God has worked a miracle in me, maybe not as magnificent as the parting of the Red Sea, but a miracle just the same.
I have just begun the next course in care giving taught by the Master himself. I’m not a stellar student but, praise God, I have patient and forgiving teacher.
Under His tutelage,
Cyndi
See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment