Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When it rains.....

I think the universe is conspiring against me. Nicole, Chebon, and the boys came to see Jim this weekend--that part was great. Tara, Nicole and Ashleigh had everything worked out so that Jim and I could enjoy the family without wearing him , or me, out. Then Ashleigh and Chris went to Shreveport for MawMaw's funeral leaving Tara to keep Ashleigh's girls along with her own three. The second night Campbell got sick which meant trying to keep her separated from Jim.

I stayed at Chris and Ashleigh's with her on Saturday and took her to the Dr. on Sunday. Cade watched her Sunday morning (no church for any of us). The four boys had plans for paintballing and to play outside all weekend but the rain kept everyone inside.

Remember, I still don't have a dishwasher so we had to resort to the old-fashioned method.

Yesterday I tried to catch up on my writing and worked about 5 hours revising each chapter. I should have quit when I was tired but after "24" I sat down at the computer determined to finish a section that has me stumped. Somehow I deleted it--the entire chapter. I copy everything onto my hardrive at the end of the day but I hadn't had a chance to do that before I mistakenly hit delete. That was at 10 oclock . I sent an e-mail to my computer guru who called within the hour and sent me a program to retrieve lost folders from memory sticks.

At one o'clock I was still looking for it. I will never understand computers. Where is the recycle bin and why didn't my chapter end up there? Maybe some peculiar virus ate it. Maybe another want-to-be author pirated it.

I have the chapter on hard drive from January but that means more revision. I am so sick of this book. Pray that I hear something from the publishers--who have had the proposals since December--soon. A yes or no would make my decision easier. WinePress called last week again and they are ready to go when I sign the contract. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment